When assembling the FLUORESCENCE DIY kit, we hope you find large reference picture helpful. So for every major step, here are reference pictures of how the clock should look like when finished.
It's the little things in life: We begin by soldering everything that is not-so-tall (low profile) and has only two pads. Download the full size picture HERE.
We're done when all the LEDs on the top layer are in place. Download full size picture HERE.
A startup circuit for minimalists: Let's make it shine, even when the tubes are not placed yet. With the firmware microchip attached, we are already able to use the LEDs and the clock. Can you tell what time it is by looking at the colors in resistor mode? Download full size picture HERE.
You're my flashlight: On top, all the lights are controllable by messing around with the buttons or setting with USB. Download full size picture HERE.
Done! This is the back side with all components. Please note the direction of IC1 to IC6 (upside down!)
- 04/08/18: #003 Tube segment not correctly off. Likely, the corresponding HV driver IC (IC13 ... IC17) is damaged. If your DIY kit is affected by this issue, please use the contact formula and provide your DIY kit serial number to receive equivalent replacement parts sent to you for free. Please also tell the amount of HV driver ICs to be replaced
- 04/08/18: #002 USB IC (CH340G) not working. If your DIY kit is affected by this issue, add two capacitors (22pF, 0805 size) to the position of C12, C13 respectively. Please use the contact formula and provide your DIY kit serial number, the 2x 22pF 0805 capacitors will be sent to you for free!
- 04/08/18: #001 General Soldering Reference missing. For some DIY kit orders, the General Soldering Reference is missing. If your DIY kit is affected by this issue, find the digital (PDF) version in the resources section below. Please use the contact formula and provide your DIY kit serial number if you wish to have a physical copy of the General Soldering Reference for free as well!
- This will be the list of issues for the assembly manual of FLUORESCENCE DIY
- Please report issues to firstname.lastname@example.org or click here. Thank you for your help.